ISI Rankings of ACM Journals
ACM Journals Continue to Rank High in ISI Impact Factors
In June 2011, Thomson Scientific released its Journal Impact Factor rankings for 2010. A number of ACM journals are ranked very high in terms of the Impact Factor. The Impact Factor is the ratio of the number of citations in 2010 of a given journal compared to the journal’s total articles for 2009 and 2008.
Here are some highlights from the 2010 data.
In the "Computer Science, Software Engineering" category, six ACM journals are ranked in the top 20, out of a total number of 99 journals indexed. The journals and their rankings are:
- Transactions on Graphics (3)
- Journal of the ACM (4)
- Communications of the ACM (8)
- Transactions on the Web (13)
- Transactions on Software Engineering and Methodology (18)
- Transactions on Mathematical Software (20)
In the "Computer Science, Information Systems" category, out of 126 journals indexed:
In the "Computer Science, Hardware & Architecture" category, out of 48 journals:
In the "Computer Science, Theory & Methods" category, out of 97 journals:
- ACM Computing Surveys (1)
- Journal of the ACM (5)
- Communications of the ACM (10)
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking (13)
- Transactions on Computer Systems (16)
Thomson Scientific (formerly Thompson ISI) is part of the Scientific & Healthcare market segment of The Thomson Corporation.